My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.branfeld.com/movies/ and update your bookmarks.

Chalupa's Movies: Knocked Up

June 11, 2007

Knocked Up

Yet another amazing creation from Judd Apatow. If you're a fan of Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared or 40 Year Old Virgin, you're sure to love this one as well. It's full of faces you'll remember along with more side-splitting comedy. In this film Ben, played by Seth Rogen, meets Alison, played by Katherine Heigl, at a bar and she gets "knocked up". The story then unfolds as Ben tries to do the right thing and be a responsible father while Alison is trying to deal with an unplanned pregnancy and living with her sister who's having some marital problems of her own. Mixed in are Ben's stoner buddies and all kinds of hilarious one-liners that will probably have you laughing out loud. Most of this humor is pretty crude though so it's something to keep in mind before going to see it. There's a good chance you could be offended. One thing I love about Apatow's projects is they just seem so real and down-to-earth to me. I see these characters and I can relate to them, or they embody someone I know. I see realistic conversations and situations being played out that I could see happening or have heard similar stories about. I think this is why I like it much more than your run-of-the-mill comedy/romantic-comedy that creates impossible situations with unbelievable outcomes. This has to be right up there with Hot Fuzz being some of the funniest movies of the year. I highly recommend seeing this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home