My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.branfeld.com/movies/ and update your bookmarks.

Chalupa's Movies: Hot Fuzz

May 7, 2007

Hot Fuzz

If you were fan of Shaun of the Dead, I think you'll definitely like this one. I enjoyed SOTD, but thought Hot Fuzz was a lot more funny. You'll recognize a lot of faces in here like Bill Nighy, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, Simon Pegg, Timothy Dalton, Paddy Considine, Jim Broadbent, and maybe even Peter Jackson. Well, maybe not Peter Jackson. He is in there though. The story goes something like this - there's this really good cop, Nicholas Angel, who gets sent to a sleepy village in the middle of nowhere because he's making everybody look bad in London. His arrest rate is 400% higher than anybody else. Our super-cop is then paired up with the police chief's son of this sleep town, who happens to be obsessed with action and police movies. Even though this town has the lowest crime rate in the country, Nicholas starts to realize a lot of "accidents" seem to happen. Turns out there's a huge conspiracy going on and he intends to solve it. Right now I'm sure the movie doesn't sound too exciting. What I've failed to mention is the hilarity that ensues in the dialog, the acting, the different cops interacting, etc, etc. I would have to say this is, hands down, the funniest movie I've seen so far this year. If there's something better out there I'd love to see it. I haven't laughed this hard in a theater since Borat. I think some of the hilarity comes from Simon Pegg. If you didn't know, he was a writer for both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Sorta reminds me of how Wes Anderson's movies are so funny, yet the Wilsons are usually involved in the script. If you are a fan of Pegg, you might want to check out a couple of his upcoming movies - Run, Fat Boy, Run (directed by David Schwimmer), How to Lose Friends & Alienate People, and "La Triviata" (co-writen and co-directed by Pegg and Nick Frost).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home