My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.branfeld.com/movies/ and update your bookmarks.

Chalupa's Movies: The US vs John Lennon

March 15, 2007

The US vs John Lennon

Being born in 1981 I don't always share the same reverence for pop icons of the 60s like my parents and other people do. The Beatles are probably one of the most famous bands on earth so I definitely know who they are, but I never really go into John Lennon. I always thought Ringo was a cooler sounding name and always wondered why he never got as much fame. Then there are also all the stories about Yoko Ono - about how she was crazy and broke up the band. Personally, I don't know what all is/was true or not, but my eyes were sure opened to a lot of things after seeing this film. John Lennon was an amazing person. A great political and human rights activist that was most definitely before his time. The interesting part was to see how scared the government was of him. Now, what he was doing, seems so benign and harmless. Yet, this was the time of the Civil Rights movement and that was only 40 years ago. Sometimes it's hard to believe injustices like that were just a generation before me. I don't think they have disappeared, but they have been curbed somewhat. If you're a Beatles fan, like documentaries or just want to learn a little bit more about Lennon you have to watch this movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home