My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.branfeld.com/movies/ and update your bookmarks.

Chalupa's Movies: Stardust

September 18, 2007

Stardust

I wasn't really sure what to think of this one from the previews, but it looked interesting. I'm also a big fan of Claire Danes, Peter O'Toole and Robert De Niro. So Liz and I gave it a shot in L.A. It was definitely entertaining. It was a bit long in parts and is definitely geared towards the kids. This is probably something you could take the family to and everybody would be ok with it. I'm always surprised by DeNiro in relation to Pacino. Both actors have done many similar projects but in the past 10 years DeNiro has definitely stepped out of the mold and has been broadening his horizons. It all started back in 1999 when Analyze This came out. This was followed up by the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie, Analyze That, Meet The Parents and Meet the Fockers. He even did a voice on Shark Tale. At first my reaction was that he must need money. Bad. I don't really feel that way anymore. You might say DeNiro was kinda type-cast as an Italian gangster/tough guy. I think he's been trying to break that mold and is doing a good job at it. Pacino has done a variety of roles but I don't think they're as recently diverse as DeNiro. There are a lot of recognizable faces if you choose to go see this. Lots of cameos where you'll recognize people from all sorts of things. I wouldn't rush out to see this. Stardust isn't a must-see film on the big screen. Still worth watching some time though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home