My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.branfeld.com/movies/ and update your bookmarks.

Chalupa's Movies: The Queen

July 11, 2007

The Queen

Finally saw The Queen and what everybody was raving about at the Oscars. Helen Mirren does indeed rock the kasbah in her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II. It was very interesting to see historical events reenacted that I remember happening just 10 years ago. I don't know much about the royal family or what goes on across the pond, but it's something that has always fascinated me a little. There's just something about royalty that grabs my interest and imagination. It makes me think of knights and castles and decadence. I hadn't really thought about it before, but it was interesting to see the queen portrayed as someone from a different generation with methodical logic and reason behind her decisions and actions. Yeah it seemed cold-hearted to not publicly acknowledge the loss of Princess Diana, but that's just not what you did 50 years ago. It was also interesting how they pointed out some of the accomplishments and achievements of Elizabeth II's reign. I hadn't really thought about it before, but she's been on the throne for 55 years or so and became queen when she was 26. That's how old I am. I don't think I'd do too well at being president/king of anything, let alone a country, or commonwealth. I've heard people say this movie was long and boring. I guess that could be true if you're not into historical things and dramas. This actually wasn't that long. Only about 90 min. I'd suggest you check it out if you have time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home