My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.branfeld.com/movies/ and update your bookmarks.

Chalupa's Movies: In Good Company

January 23, 2005

In Good Company

Saw this one tonight and liked it. It's not a deep movie by any means. Just a movie about a young kid (older than me) who gets thrown into a challenging situation at work, has everything else going wrong for him at home, yet has to be the boss and professional at work. It'd be pretty hard to be in those kind of shoes. I really enjoyed seeing Topher Grace. I'm a huge fan of That 70's Show. One part I found really funny was when he went to his employees house, Dennis Quaid for dinner and gives his wife a hug saying, "Great to meet you Mrs. Foreman." I also really enjoyed Scarlett Johansson's role and Dennis' daughter. Tell me if I'm wrong, but it seems like she got out of the type-cast roles I've seen her in up til now. I think I like her as an actress now. I think you can pretty much guess the plot of the movie from the trailer. It was nice to see Topher learned some valuable life lessons by the end of the movie. I'd classify this one under entertainment. Definately worth a watch. Hey Neville - saw Finding Neverland tonight. I threw a short commment on your post, but thought I'd mention it here too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neville said...

I saw this one too and for some reason, really liked it. It was nothing like "About a Boy" (meaning, i didn't like it as much) but I still really liked it in its own way. I thought it was kind of in a class all by itself, you know? I loved Topher Grace and thought his character was one of the saddest, most likable, most needy and most realistic ones to come in months. I could relate to many of his feelings you know? And then I kept feeling bad for him....man this movie got to me. I was surprised.

2:06 AM, January 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home